Created By ESR News Site Editor Thomas Ahearn
The Federal Trade Fee (FTC) will host a collection of totally free functions targeted on trending concerns in identity theft that include things like how to lower the hazard of identification theft and recuperate if it takes place to mark Identification Theft Consciousness 7 days that requires put from Monday, January 31, 2022, to Friday, February 4, 2022, according to an FTC push release.
Identity Theft Awareness 7 days will start out on January 31 with a Fb Live dialogue on impersonators and identity theft and it will end February 4 with a Twitter chat recapping identification theft tendencies, assistance, and restoration steerage reviewed through the 7 days. In this article is a record of activities from the FTC’s Identity Theft Consciousness Week:
- Monday, January 31, 2022, at 3 PM ET: Fb Reside: Impersonator Ripoffs and Id Theft. Jeff Abramo of the AARP (American Affiliation of Retired Persons) Fraud Check out Community and FTC Northwest Regional Director Chuck Harwood converse about trending schemes that impersonators use to steal own facts — and how to place and steer clear of them.
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022, at 11-11:30 AM ET: Webinar: Being Risk-free On the web. Experts from the FTC and the Identification Theft Source Heart (ITRC) discuss on the net security techniques that can reduce your hazard of identification theft.
- Wednesday, February 2, 2022, at 6:00 AM ET: Podcast: Detecting Identity Theft. FTC Id Theft Software Supervisor Kelle Slaughter and ITRC leaders Eva Velasquez and James Lee focus on applying your free of charge credit score report to detect identity theft and how to assist continue to keep your private info harmless.
- Thursday, February 3, 2022, at 4:00 PM ET: Facebook Live: Combatting Identification Theft for Servicemembers & Veterans. Troy Broussard of AARP’s Veterans and Armed forces People Initiative and Carol Kando-Pineda of the FTC examine how servicemembers, veterans, and their people can fight identity theft.
- Friday, February 4, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET: Twitter Chat: Identification Theft Consciousness: Trying to keep Your Information Protected. Be a part of an online chat targeted on identification theft developments, suggestions, and recovery. Hosted by the AARP and the FTC.
The FTC works to endorse level of competition, cease deceptive and unfair small business methods and cons, and educate consumers. Report fraud, cons, or lousy business enterprise methods at ReportFraud.ftc.gov. Get shopper suggestions at shopper.ftc.gov. Also, follow the FTC on social media, subscribe to press releases, and browse the FTC’s blogs.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a company presenting of ClearStar, a main provider of Human Funds Integrity℠ technologies-dependent products and services – is accredited by the Qualified History Screening Association (PBSA) and undergoes yearly SOC 2 audits to protect consumer data. To discover extra, get in touch with ESR today.
Take note: Work Screening Resources (ESR) – a company giving of ClearStar – does not deliver or provide authorized products and services or legal tips of any type or mother nature. Any information and facts on this internet site is for educational purposes only.
© 2022 Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – A Support Providing of ClearStar – Earning copies of or working with any section of the ESR Information Web site or ESR web site for any purpose other than your personal particular use is prohibited except written authorization is initial received from ESR.